Oil for skin rejuvenation was first used centuries before our time. The ancient Roman emperors, the ancient Greek priestesses, and the ancient Egyptian pharaohs anointed the skin with oil. Back then, they were almost the only cosmetics, they literally meant gold, and were only available to the nobility.
With the development of the chemical industry, more and more effective synthetic creams appeared, and for a time the oils were undeservedly forgotten.
But today, when, after careful study, scientists have discovered new anti-aging properties of vegetable oils, there is a rebirth.
Nowadays, there is a real boom around the world in the use of natural cosmetics based on natural oils and plant extracts.
Why oils are good
All vegetable oils can be divided into two major groups - natural and essential. They can be used individually or in combination, with the purchase of finished compositions or with home-made compositions. These products are made from quality natural raw materials by cold pressing. They can be derived from nuts, seeds, grains and fruit seeds. These oils are primarily valuable sources of nutrients, as most of them contain:
- the strongest natural antioxidants - vitamins C and E;
- Vitamin A, which increases skin elasticity;
- B vitamins that improve the condition of the skin, hair, nails;
- valuable trace elements - selenium, iodine, manganese, iron, copper, etc. ;
- vital minerals - potassium, calcium, magnesium, fluorine, etc.
The secret to the powerful effects of natural oils on human skin is that their chemical composition is similar to that of tallow. Allergies are extremely rare, do not cause irritation, and have a pronounced emollient and sedative effect.
Most often, natural vegetable oils are the basic components of creams and masks, in which essential oils with truly unique properties are easily soluble.
Interestingly, in many ways, essential oils remain a mystery to humans. By their origin, they are volatile aromatic substances found in different parts of plants. Extracting small amounts of pure essential oil sometimes requires processing tons of raw materials, so the costs can be very high.
The most remarkable feature of essential oils is that they penetrate the deep layers of the skin due to their low molecular weight structure. In addition, all of them have pronounced antiseptic and bactericidal properties and are able to affect a person’s mental state in some way.
Their medicinal properties are currently being investigated. But even what we already know about them allows them to be used effectively in both home and professional cosmetology.
Natural vegetable oils are used not only on the face but also on the whole body. Massage with them quickly and effectively improves the condition of the skin, moisturizes it and smoothes even delicate wrinkles.
But not all of them are constantly in a liquid state. Some of them (cocoa, shea, coconut, etc. ) harden at room temperature and resemble oily paraffin in structure. Before use, heat in a water bath until the solids dissolve. Due to this property, such oils often become a basic component in the preparation of homemade creams.
Different types of oils have different properties and should be selected individually, depending on the condition of the skin and the problem to be solved with their use.
The best product for you is that it is completely absorbed into the skin and leaves no oily film on it. The most pronounced anti-aging properties of these oils are:
- Arganovoye. It perfectly hydrates the skin and restores the pH and water-salt balance due to its chemical composition. It can smooth out wrinkles and even shallow scars.
- Shea butter. It actively stimulates tissue regeneration, has strong anti-inflammatory properties, improves skin elasticity and gives it healthy shine.
- Avocado. It saturates the epidermis with valuable nutrients and penetrates its deep layers. It creates a protective layer that retains moisture, is quickly absorbed, and gradually removes pigment spots.
- Cocoa. It contains unsaturated fatty acids that quickly restore the skin's protective properties, as well as a natural sunscreen.
- Grape seeds. It actively neutralizes free radicals, slows down the aging process, smoothes fine wrinkles, improves skin tone. It removes bruises and bags under the eyes well.
- Almond. It successfully fights cellulite, quickly tightens the skin, perfectly hydrates and softens it.
- Sea buckthorn. It has the strongest wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties, is a powerful natural antioxidant and successfully fights wrinkles.
You should know that when working with natural oils, avoid contact with metal objects. They can be stored for up to six months in a tightly closed glass container, away from ultraviolet radiation, preferably in a dark, cool place.
Homemade creams made on a natural basis are stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Essential oils have pronounced healing properties and a wide variety. Today, more than 3, 000 essential oil plants are known. However, there are just over 200 of those who have undergone industrial processing. Only about 50 types of essential oils are used in cosmetology.
The following types of essential oils are most commonly used for facial rejuvenation:
- anise - refreshes the skin, increases its elasticity;
- orange - accelerates cell regeneration, copes well with cellulite;
- basil - perfectly removes swelling and bags under the eyes;
- valerian - soothes, relieves irritation, smoothes wrinkles;
- conifer - improves complexion, activates blood circulation, strengthens capillaries;
- ylang-ylang - one of the strongest stimulants of skin tone, has a lifting effect;
- coriander - quickly tightens the skin, leaving it smooth and supple;
- lavender - has a gentle and effective effect on sensitive skin;
- lemon - whitens and rejuvenates, stimulates cell regeneration;
- juniper - significantly reduces stretch marks with regular use;
- peppermint - an excellent natural stimulant for intracellular processes;
- neroli - increases firmness and elasticity, eliminates vascular networks, evens out color;
- patchouli - refreshes, hydrates, removes puffiness and earthy color;
- rosemary - makes the skin fresh and supple, rejuvenates quickly;
- pink is the most popular and versatile anti-aging agent;
- sage - significantly improves the structure and appearance of the skin, visibly tightens pores;
- tea tree - a powerful antioxidant and antiseptic, restores the skin after acne and dermatitis.
Do not mix 2-3 different essential oils at the same time, as this may lead to a weakening of their healing effect. It is strongly not recommended to apply 100% essential oils on the skin in pure form - this can lead to irritation, allergic reactions and even burns. These spots are sometimes used to treat acne.
Opinions and contraindications
Opinions and results after the use of natural oils are the most positive.
In terms of their effect, they are often no worse than the most expensive creams and have virtually no contraindications. The only restriction is that they should not be used in areas affected by skin diseases and pustular outbreaks.
Individual intolerance is extremely rare.
Almost all essential oils should not be used during pregnancy, lactation or fever. In addition, each has additional limitations and contraindications that must be thoroughly studied before use.
Unlike natural oils, improper use can cause high blood pressure, irritation, and even bronchospasm. Due to their strong effect on the body, they should be treated with caution.