Smooth, tight, supple skin of the face and body is every woman’s dream. Dermis tone can decrease due to various reasons: age, certain diseases, weight infections, dehydration. We talk about ways to restore and preserve excellent epidermal turgor in the long run.
What determines the elasticity of the skin?
The tone of the dermis is the general healthy condition, i. e. the normal metabolism of the cells, the free breathing of the tissues, hence the softness, the density and the beautiful appearance. The period during which the skin retains its elasticity is only 10-15% dependent on genetics. The condition of the skin depends largely on our lifestyle, habits, diet, etc.
The skin tone of the face and body begins to deteriorate after 25 years: by this time, age-related changes and caring defects are accumulating that trigger negative processes in the dermis. Visually, it is still invisible in general, but self-care needs to be enhanced to increase skin density and elasticity.
After 35 years, the decrease in tone begins to be particularly evident. The reasons for this process are:
- decreased production of collagen, elastin and hyaluron in the skin: the first is responsible for tissue density, the second gives a general tone, the third helps retain moisture;
- weakening of the facial muscles: the muscular frame that supports the skin ceases to perform its functions, and under the influence of gravity the skin sags, is covered by folds and folds;
- weakness of blood vessels and capillaries - as nutrients and oxygen enter the skin through them, vascular problems immediately affect its condition;
- acute and chronic diseases, especially those of a hormonal nature and dermatological, - due to which the metabolic processes in the skin are disrupted;
- diet inaccuracy: lack of nutrients and fluids prevents skin regeneration, building new healthy cells;
- inadequate care: poor quality, aggressive cosmetics upset the moisture balance of the cells, poison the skin with toxins, do not provide the necessary protection, damage the lipid layer;
- toxins and free radicals in the air and ultraviolet light: all this dries out the skin, making wrinkles slow and prone.
As can be seen, all of the factors that reduce skin tone can be corrected with competent care procedures.
Important! The decrease in skin tone is mainly caused by the lack of regular skin care. So, if you don’t use night creams or apply them properly, your dermis will lose its optimal level of hydration. Ignoring nourishing creams and masks leads to a decrease in firmness.
How to improve skin tone?
To restore the skin’s former elasticity and firmness, many seek the help of cosmetology and plastic surgery. Professional procedures (biorevitalization, botulinum toxin injections, introduction of subcutaneous fillers, fibers, tightening, etc. ) can really make the face and body attractive quickly and effectively.
However, regular skin care is essential even after invasive procedures. Moreover, a attentive attitude towards oneself, the timely execution of simple actions helps to postpone the acquaintance with needles and scalpels for a long time, to eliminate skin imperfections. We share such safe and affordable ways to restore skin turgor.
Important! Strict self-discipline is required for 2-4 months to achieve results. If you do daily procedures at home during this period, your face will literally transform. And then useful actions simply become a habit.
Moisturizer - Rule 1
You need to drink enough fluids to tone your skin - around your face, around your eyes and all over your body. Water helps the skin look fresh and healthy at all ages: after both 45 and 50 years. Thanks to the water in the epidermis, the metabolic and regeneration processes are intensive, the collagen and elastin fibers remain flexible. Hyaluronic acid binds and retains water molecules, providing optimal turgor to cells.
The skin gets most of the water it needs not from the creams and serums we use, but from the space between the cells. There, water molecules get from the blood and from the digestive system into the blood. The dermis is approx. It consumes 200 ml of water a day - no bottle of cream can simply hold that much.
How much water should you drink for optimal skin color? The ratio is calculated based on the weight of a person: approx. 30 ml / 1 kg. In any case, for an adult the amount of clean water drunk should not be less than 1, 5 liters per day.
The amount of water in the epidermis depends not only on the amount of fluid consumed, but also on the ability of the skin to retain: with age and damaging factors (sun, wind, toxic substances, alcohol cosmetics, medicines), this ability decreases. In order for moisture to retain skin, the condition of the lipid layer, the thin oily mantle of the dermis, should be monitored.
The skin may lose moisture due to, among other things, kidney, heart dysfunction, certain diseases (diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, hypothyroidism, etc. ). In this case, consulting and dealing with a specialist in a timely manner will help solve the problem.
Important! Even a slight dehydration significantly changes the appearance of the epidermis and impairs its structure: dark circles under the eyes become stronger, wrinkles become deeper, the oval of the face sags and is distorted.
What foods improve skin tone?
The beauty and health of the skin is 80% dependent on diet: all the components needed to build and restore cells get into our bodies through nutrition. Epidermal tone can also be improved with products that stimulate the production of hyaluronate, elastin, and collagen.
The recommendations of nutritionists are as follows:
- the diet should be based on fresh or baked vegetables and fruits; special attention should be paid to orange and red fruits (tomatoes, peppers, carrots, pumpkins, persimmons, apricots, etc. ) - rich in lycopene (antioxidant), which protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation and flabby;
- you should consume 150-200 g of lean meat, poultry, cheese, legumes daily, because protein is an essential component of collagen, elastin (their main component is amino acids); in addition, the protein diet contributes to the synthesis of the carnosine dipeptide, which enhances the strength of collagen fibers;
- consume at least 300 g of fish and seafood per week: they contain omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, magnesium, selenium - ingredients that prolong the youthfulness of the skin by protecting collagen fibers from decay;
- include a diet of nuts, plant seeds (30 g per day) - in addition to rare fatty acids, alpha-linolenic, protein, zinc, copper and magnesium - everything you need for the softness and elasticity of the skin;
- get used to a product containing 5 g of gelatin per day (jelly meat, aspic, jelly, etc. ) - gelatin contains huge amounts of bioavailable collagen and noticeably increases skin tone after two months of use (fish oil has similar properties);
- eat soy products (tofu cheese, soy meat, milk, etc. ) - these contain a plant analog of the hormone estrogen, which is responsible for hydrating the skin, its turgor and density, and isoflavonoid genistein, which blocks enzymes that reduce the tone of the epidermis;
- it is worth giving up baking, sweet, carbonated, alcoholic, caffeinated beverages, fried, smoked, salted, fast foods - all of these products destroy elastin and collagen fibers and suspend the production of hyaluronic acid.
Important! Dermatologists and cosmetologists are familiar with the term "sugar face": it is a gray, loose-skinned, edematous face with a drooping oval, wrinkles, bags under the eyes, and rashes. Why is sugar harmful to the skin? Consumption of many sweets leads to glycation: glucose molecules destroy the elasticity of collagen fibers. As a result, the skin becomes thinner and more sagging - especially around the eyes.
Sport: the collagen factory in us
How can the skin tone of the face and body be improved after 40-45 years, when the decrease in the elasticity of the epidermis becomes particularly noticeable? First, through sports and exercise.
- First of all, strength training strengthens the muscles, increases their volume, which naturally tightens and straightens the skin. This is especially true for people who have lost weight as a result of dieting and diet training.
- Second, micro-damage during physical damage to muscle fibers and adjacent tissues triggers powerful regeneration processes in the body, which increases the production of collagen fibers throughout the body - after exercise, the skin receives more collagen than after a state-of-the-art cosmetology program.
- Third, the loads activate the body’s blood circulation, forcing the epidermis to breathe more intensively and nourish with beneficial substances. As a result, skin color improves, density and elasticity increase.
Intense exercise three times a week is enough for one hour. Use extra weight: your weight should be such that the working muscle group cannot perform more than 8-12 reps. However, physical activity should not be exhausted just by training: don’t miss a single opportunity to exercise and your skin will pay off with a flourishing look.
Important! If you are short on time, there are serious contraindications to strength training, at least provide yourself with minimal physical activity. Be it simple one hour a day of walking, yoga or swimming - it already helps to increase the tone of the epidermis.
Facial building and massage
Facial exercises and massage are one of the best and safest ways to tone your skin. The advanced muscular frame of the face helps to smooth the epidermis, increase its elasticity, strength and turgor.
There are many face building and facial fitness systems. The basics of face gymnastics can be taught by professionals.
As for facial massage techniques, cosmetologists today have more than 20 types:
- Indian judge;
- roll-stretch technique, etc.
However, you can do a facial massage without any special skills. It is enough to gently patch, pinch and rub the skin along the massage lines.
Regularity is important to achieve the effect: dedicate 10-15 minutes to the lessons. daily. Apply a little moisturizer or natural oil to your face before further softening the skin and making it easier to slide your fingers.
There are also contraindications for facial fitness and facial massage:
- violation of skin integrity;
- purulent outbreaks;
- diseases in the acute stage;
- bad blood clotting.
Important! Facial gymnastics and massage are also excellent worth training workouts. They can also be trained by ice or contrast washing. However, if you blush easily in a stuffy room or with a glass of wine, you should refuse to use ice - otherwise rosacea may develop on your face.
Cosmetics for skin elasticity
To maintain skin tone, use regular care cosmetics - of course:
- as natural as possible;
- Good quality;
- appropriate for your skin type;
- according to the expiration date.
Cosmetic brands are releasing special product lines that promise to restore epidermal elasticity - the results of modern cosmetology make it possible to believe such promises.
What materials should be used to increase skin tone?
- Hydro-fixatives - responsible for increasing the skin's moisture level: hyaluronic acid, glycerin, chitosan, aloe, algae extracts, etc.
- Antioxidants - tones the skin, protects cells from oxidation: vitamin C, E, coenzyme Q10, green tea extract, grape seed, chokeberry, etc.
- Drainage ingredients - they bring useful ingredients into the skin, retain moisture, restore the lipid mantle: caffeine, escin, dextran.
- Natural oils - create a lipid film on the skin, contributing to its hydration, nutrition and regeneration: almond, peach, grape, peach seed, essential oils.
What cosmetic products are needed for regular use?
- Moisturizing serum. The skin cannot be supple without strong cell membranes and good hydration - this is what sera are designed for. The product has a very light texture, is absorbed immediately, preparing the dermis for later application of the cream. Regular use of the product literally transforms the skin, allowing you to even leave the foundation.
- Daily cream. For hydrating and nourishing the skin, as well as protection against ultraviolet radiation (a good cream always has a high SPF factor). The cream covers the skin with a thin protective film made of lipids, which prevents the dermis from losing moisture. There should be more day creams: it is better to have separate products for the skin around the eyes, neck and décolleté - here the skin is thinner, finer and the cream is lighter but more intense.
- Night cream. Using this product at night, and not visiting a beauty salon, gives the skin elasticity, density, firmness: the cells of the dermis are most active between 1 and 4 hours. Then the sensitivity to the product components is maximum. The ingredients in the night cream accelerate cell renewal and help build new, stronger ones.
- Masks are a very effective tool to increase skin tone. Under their influence, blood circulation and lymph flow, metabolism and tissue respiration improve. Performing the procedures provides a noticeable effect: 10-15 times in a row and then 1-2 times a week to maintain the result. The effect of the mask is enhanced when applied after the massage.
- Peeling, scrubs. You should thoroughly cleanse your skin once a week with these products. Exfoliation results in a dynamic massage of the skin surface and is also perceived as a micro-return that stimulates blood circulation and regeneration of the epidermis, the growth of collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, the skin gets firmness, smoothness and even color.
Important! After washing, the cream is best applied to clean, moist skin: water conducts nutrients to the deep layers of the dermis. The product is applied to the skin in a fairly thick layer along the massage lines. After half an hour, the excess is carefully removed with a napkin.
The tone of the epidermis depends directly on the general condition of our body. Very often, just a good night’s sleep and rest is enough for the skin to regain the desired elasticity and density. And following the tips outlined in the article will help you always stay beautiful!